This article outlines my transparent BJJ gear reviews process.
BJJ Equipment exists to help equip people with the best BJJ gear so they look, feel, and perform at their best on the mats.
As a reviewer, I believe transparency is critical. Here’s what you can expect from my BJJ gear reviews:
- I’ll only review products that I’ve used myself on the mats.
- I’ll give you my upfront and honest thoughts about the product. Read my review questions below to learn how I evaluate BJJ gear.
- I’ll offer you alternatives based on your needs, budget, and goals.
For some products, I earn a commission if you click on the link and make a purchase at no cost to you.
BJJ Gear Reviews Questions
Below are the questions I ask myself when using and reviewing BJJ gear:
- 1. What do I want the product to do?
- 2. Does the product do what it’s supposed to do?
- 3. How do I feel while using it? How does the product feel?
- 4. How long does it last?
- 5. Is there anything else I wish it did?
- 6. Would I recommend this to a close training partner?
After using the product — and answering these questions — I give the product a star rating:
- 5 stars: Highly recommend to any BJJ practitioner.
- 4 stars: Highly recommend for most BJJ practitioners.
- 3 stars: Recommend for some BJJ practitioners.
- 2 stars: Do not recommend for most BJJ practitioners.
- 1 star: Do not recommend for any BJJ practitioner.
Want Me To Review Your BJJ Gear?
I want to equip my readers with the best BJJ gear and equipment.
Writing reviews will help readers understand why I recommend what I recommend.
You can see a total list of my reviews on the “BJJ Gear Reviews” page.
Does your company offer BJJ gear that you’d like me to review?
Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch.
Tsavo is the founder of BJJ Equipment and BJJ blue belt who started training in 2019. He’s a passionate hobbyist and BJJ gear/equipment aficionado who wanted to share his favorite pickups with other jiujiteiros. He launched BJJ Equipment in 2022 to make it easy for jiu-jitsu practitioners to find the best BJJ gear so they look, feel, and perform at their best on the mats.